Internet Motor Parts Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The “Act” means the Data Protection Act 1998 or any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to it, or which amends, replaces, re-enacts or consolidates any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Internet Motor Parts Limited of Unit 5b Little Oak Drive, Sherwood Park, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0DR.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.internetmotorparts.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, vehicle registration details, financial and credit card information and personal description.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
· Selected third parties including:
· business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (including but not limited to DPD https://www.dpdlocal-online.co.uk/content/privacy-policy, SAGE Pay https://www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/privacy-policy, Standard Motor Products Europe Limited http://www.smpeurope.com/privacy.aspand Wilda Group http://www.widagroup.com/terms;
· advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
· analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Internet Motor Products Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If at any time you want us to stop sharing your personal information with any or all third parties you can let us know by contacting us at Internet Motor Parts, Unit 5B, Little Oak Drive, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0DR or email@example.com
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Internet Motor Parts, Unit 5B, Little Oak Drive, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0DR or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you do not consent to us processing your personal data it may prevent us from supplying products or services to you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your data
We retain customer and order data for a period of 7 years from the date your order is placed. We do not retain any payment information you provide.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to:
a) access information held about you and/or request its deletion or correction;
b) Request that your personal information is transferred to another person; and
c) Make a complaint to a supervisory authority.
To make a request under a)or b) above please contact us by writing to Internet Motor Parts, Unit 5B, Little Oak Drive, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0DR or email@example.com
To make a complaint: inform us in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to [address] your complaint will be addressed by our customer services team, if they are unable to resolve the issue then your complaint will be escalated upwards within the organisation until a resolution has been found.”